Expressing admiration and appreciation of someone’s work well done is an effective way of motivating and inspiring individuals to perform even better. Performance feedbacks when given in timely and positive manner generates a feeling of loyalty among the team members and also, can be used a tool to emphasize the areas of improvements.
With BizMerlin, managers, team leads or colleagues can give performance feedback to team members or colleagues and endorse them for the skills in which they have shown their excellence. The feedbacks can be posted on colleague’s or team member’s Wall of fame and can be copied to their manager’s and in group of other team members within the organization. This brings recognition to an individual’s skills and talent. In fact, the endorsement of skills and regular feedbacks are short term appraisals. Later, at the time of periodic appraisals you can consolidate and consider these performance feedbacks to have an idea about the growth, potential and learning capability of your resources.
- Motivates team members for enhanced performance.
- Improves performance and employee retention due to talent recognition.
- Provides insight about the resource at the time of periodic appraisals.
- It is a strong tool to motivate resources to keep learning.
- With feedbacks the growth and learning curve of the team members can be ascertained.
This feature is available to all customers as of June 13, 2016.
BizMerlin Performance Management module uses Smart Goal Notifications. These emails are easy to read on mobile, and rich in information. When you make any progress on any goal, all the collaborators as well as the goal reviewer will get a notification that contains the information of the changes made.
Creating a goal is easy and keeping the track of its progress is always an ongoing, challenging and difficult task. While setting a Goal there is an option to set goal reviewer who can check the progress of your goal anytime. You can also add goal collaborators from within the organization or from outside the organization.
- Notification is sent when any of the following fields is edited/updated: Goal title, Description, Goal User, Goal Reviewer, Goal starting and target Quantity, Goal Value, Current Value, Reviewer, Project
- When any comment is added in Goal
- When external Goal Collaborators are added
Advantages of Goal Notifications
- More User friendly and easy to read.
- Gives description about the fields updated.
- Aware the Goal team about goal progress, i.e. Reviewer and Collaborators remains up-to-date about the Goal progress.
- Reminds you about your goal at regular interval of times.
[The 7 secrets, or best practices, of effective resource management, as articulated by BizMerlin customers.]
- Use a good cloud based resource allocation platform and leave the spreadsheets behind. Make the Resource Project Allocation matrix public (within the company) – Including under utilized and over-allocated!
- Use a Skills Matrix, and keep it updated
- Anyone should be able to raise a “Resource Issue”.
- Project Management Team should be able to create Resource Plans. Technology should calculate resource gaps and alert RM team
- Resource Management Team should be able to see all “Resource Issues” and “Resource Gaps” together.
- Set Goals that Force and Reinforce the Resource Utilization
- Build a culture of positive feedback and reinforcement.