Best Practices for making the most out of BizMerlin
1. Make BizMerlin part of your onboarding process. When a new team member joins, assign them the default "Onboarding" workflow in BizMerlin, so they can learn how to use the system. Feel free to customize the "Onboarding" workflow as per your organization.
2. BizMerlin should be your single "People" repository. You can have employees, part timers, interns, contractors, advisors, etc. in BizMerlin. If you need to add a data field for People that BizMerlin doesn't seem to support, make use of the Custom Field feature.
3. Create People Tags, Locations and Departments that help you visualize your organization as it grows.
4. Create weekly goals, not annual or 6 month goals. Those goals should come later, after a few months of usage.
5. Encourage everyone that they have to give feedback at least every week. They can give feedback to their reports, their managers, their peers, anyone. But get that process started. And get them to focus on "positive" feedback at first. It is an art to give negative feedback, and comes with practice and maturity. So, for starters, get everyone to give positive feedback.
6. Use the company wall as your starting place for company meetings to highlight the positive feedbacks given in the organization.
7. Ensure all candidates are saved in BizMerlin, and nowhere else. If candidate just has name and resume, let that be it. (Resumes are searchable in BizMerlin.)
8. Even if your company has just 5 assets, track them in BizMerlin. Soon you will find that your company has other assets too :-) .
9. Use announcements periodically to build your company culture.
10. Use your "Who's Off" calendar to visualize who is working and who is off.
And a bonus element
Use project resource allocation matrix to visualize who is working on which project.
View the Knowledge Base