March 28, 2019 · Human Resource Management, Motivational,
US Navy Admiral William H. McRaven, one of the most decorated US commanders, delivers one of the best motivational speeches you will ever hear.
The best 10 Lessons of life:
- Start the day with a task completed – He explains something as mundane as making your bed every day before leaving for work can create an everlasting impact of self-achievement in your daily life.
- Find someone to help you through life – Seek help and guidance whenever in trouble, life is meant to sail together in troubled waters.
- Respect everyone – Big surprises come in small packages! People with small stature can create wonders and help you succeed in life, so respect everyone around you.
- Life is not always fair, move forward – There are times when we do not reach where we want to or we do not get what we want, but we have to accept those setbacks with an open heart and continue to work towards the desired goal.
- Don’t be afraid to fail often – Failures teach us a lesson if we want to learn something from them so when you fail, retrospect to find what went wrong and then take corrective action while staying focussed on your goals.
- Take risks – Risks are another name of opportunities, you have to avail them to unlock the doors of success.
- Face down the bullies – Bullies are everywhere around you, if you stand up they are most likely going to sit down. So face down the bullies not just for yourself but also for others.
- Step up when times are the toughest – Life is not always easy, so we must face the tough times with a brave heart and a strong mind.
- Lift up the downtrodden – Helping others is the biggest healer and the strongest motivator.
- Never give up – Life expects us to continue to work towards our goal, so we must never give up even during the times of setbacks.