- Navigate to Security and Permissions menu item under Setup on top right corner of application.
- Enable the “Enable advanced permissions”.
How to give advanced permissions to Users?
- Click on “User Groups” link to navigate to User Groups.
- Give permissions by clicking on “Add Permission” button on User Group details page and choose Department and Location also. Here User’s Department and User’s Location is the Department and Location of logged in User respectively.
- Add the Users to this User Group to give them defined Permissions.
How does it work?
Currently, advanced permissions are working on Leave Management, Goal Approval and Performance Reviews. Logged in non-admin User can access above mentioned records on the basis of granted permission and can access the records of Users in related Department and Location only.