May 10, 2019 · Integrating BizMerlinHR with 3rd Party Applications,
Getting information from Azure Active Directory
- Following steps are required to perform for connecting BizMerlin with Azure Active Directory :
- Create Directory on Azure AD.
- Add an application from the Azure AD gallery
- Generate Client Secret Key
- Assign a user to an application directly
1. How to create your own Azure Active Directory tenant?
Create Directory: Here the Directory name is BizMerlin.onmicrosoft.com
2. App Registration
When the Create page appears, enter your application’s registration information:
- Name: Enter a meaningful application name.
- Application type:
When finished, click Create. Azure AD assigns a unique Application ID to your application (This is the client id that you need this value in the next sections), and you’re taken to your application’s main registration page.
3. Generate Client Secret Key
4. How to add a user on Azure AD and assign to the application?
Setup Azure AD in Third Party Integrations
Linking Azure AD in your BizMerlin account
Go to the top right “Setup” menu and scroll down then click on “Third Party Integrations”: Setup-> Third Party Integrations.
On the Third Party Integrations page, click on the button “Add New” and choose “Azure AD” under Background Check.
Also, fill in App id in Client Id field and Consumer Secret in Client Secret field.
Fill your tenant name (directory name) in field App id.
- BizMerlin App Login Page
If the user account is removed from Azure AD, then he/she will not be able to access the BizMerlin app. If the user tries to log in BizMerlin app through the Azure AD account, then it will show the following error: