May 13, 2019 · All About Instant Feedback & Performance Reviews,
Performance review templates play a vital role in helping you to automate and streamline performance review process for your organization. Further, it is widely accepted that your performance management process should be cloud enabled.
Performance review templates do not correspond to any one individual person, although it is common to use a template per job category (user profile) and a department, a location, or a combination thereof.
These templates are the “blueprints” from which you can create actual performance reviews that correspond to specific employees.
Creating a Performance Review Template
To create a Performance Review Template:
- In the top Menu “Performance”, click on “Templates” under “Performance Reviews”.
- Click on “New Template” button
- Give it a name and description.
- Optionally, you can specify a period of performance, although when you create a performance review from a template, you can always specify the period of performance.
- Click on “Save” to save these settings
- To edit this performance review and start creating Section & Metrics, click on “+Add Section” and “+New Item”
- Fill in the required fields of “Sections”, “Metric”, “Description”, “Weight”, “Assessment template”
- Click “Save” button to save the template.
You can specify the accessibility of each section. This specifies, who (peers, supervisors, direct reports, or everyone) gets to fill that section. The default value of accessibility is “Everyone”, and this is appropriate in most of the cases.
However, if you have a specific section that only applies to one kind of reviewers, you can mark the accessibility accordingly.
Example: You may have a section, called “Helpfulness to other peers”, then, for this section, maybe the accessibility of “Peer Review” may be appropriate, since this section is likely targeted at peer reviews only. So, there are some scenarios in which it may be helpful, although mostly, the “Everyone” accessibility works just fine.