May 13, 2019 · Getting Started in BizMerlin & FAQs,
How to create “Departments”
- To create a Department, go to the top right “Set up” Menu.
- Click on submenu “Organization Setup”.
- Now click on “Departments” under Organization Details section and fill in the required fields.
How to assign Users to departments
Departments are assigned in the User Detail Page. To assign a user to a specific department:
- Edit their profile by going to the top “People” menu, and click on “Directory”.
- Click on the person’s name, and click “Edit Person”.
- In the person’s profile section “Work Details” you will find a drop down menu with all your departments. Choose the one this person belongs
How to specify a user’s reporting line:
- Edit the User’s Details page by going to the top “People” menu, and click on “Directory”
- Click on the person’s name, and click “Edit Person”
- In the person’s profile section “Work Details” fill in the field “Reports to” with the corresponding name(s)