- Create Leave Types: whether you offer a general leave policy or you have a comprehensive set of leave types targetting different profiles in your company, this is the place to start. Define allowance, accrual rules and other conditions. Go here for reference on Meaning of Leave Type Details
- Assign Leave Types to Users: so you can have differentiated leave types depending on user’s roles, responsibilities, and other conditions.
- REQUIRED/IMPORTANT: Specify an Initial Balance for the Users: so your user’s are all set up and start accruing and enjoying leaves.
- Setup Leaves/PTO Management Permissions: understand the different permissions involved in creating and assigning Leave Types, and approving leaves
- Setup Leaves/PTO Requests and Approval Notifications: so the right people are always on top of the team’s leaves
- Understand leave balance calculations
Other FAQs regarding Leaves/PTO:
- How to manage non paid leaves
- Need some inspiration? See a set of Leave Type Samples