May 13, 2019 · All About Onboarding and Workflows,
Workflows can be efficient in analyzing the progress and finishing the tasks, checklists, and deadlines on time. Maintenance of processes can be effortlessly handled without wastage of time and energy which can be then consumed on high-value tasks.
To create a Workflow:
- Hover over the gear icon in the upper right corner and select “Forms, Workflows & Template”.
- Go to the Workflows section and click on “Workflows”.
- To create a new one, click on the “New Workflow” button.
- Fill out the necessary details of the workflow according to your preferences which may include the Workflow Name, the purpose, or description. Options:
- You can add a shortcut of the workflow in the employee’s Admin section from where you can look at the workflow and progress of individual tasks. To have this functionality, toggle on “Add the workflow as a link in the employee’s Admin section”.
- Control the visibility of workflow for the user to whom the workflow is assigned from the “Visibility to User” toggle. Hidden will not allow the user to view only the tasks and not get any further notifications regarding the Workflow.
- Move further by clicking on the “Proceed to Design” button. A basic workflow is created, and you will be given a Sample Phase and a Sample Step in it.
- Edit the phase by clicking on the edit icon on the right side corner of the Sample Phase.
- Edit the name for the phase and proceed with “Save Phase”. Remember “Advanced Settings” are not mandatory and facilitate you to create a phase for specific user groups.
- Similarly, you can edit the Sample Step according to the need and save the step.
- “+Add Phase” and “+New Step” can be used to create further phases and steps respectively.
- Hurray! You have successfully created a Workflow. To Assign this workflow, refer to How to assign a workflow to a user?
NOTE: Once the workflow is assigned to a user, all the details are editable afterward except “Visibility” and new changes will not affect already assigned workflows.
Need some inspiration? Visit here some Samples of Onboarding Workflows