March 19, 2021 · Integrating BizMerlinHR with 3rd Party Applications,
This article explains how to generate a Client ID and Client Secret from the Microsoft Azure new portal.
Login to the new Azure Active Directory portal
If you already have a user account in your Azure Active Directory tenant, or if you signed in to the Azure portal with a Microsoft account and have never created an app in your directory before, you need to do that now.
Obtain a Client Id and Client Secret for a Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- On the top bar, click on your account, and under the Directory list, choose the Active Directory tenant where you wish to register your application.
- Click on More Services on the left-hand side, and choose Azure Active Directory.
- Click on App registrations and choose Add.
- Click on Add to create the application.
- Enter a friendly name (can be any name) for the application, for example, ‘AzureADDriver1’ and select ‘Web Application and/or Web API’ as the Application Type. For the sign-on URL, enter the base URL for the sample, which can be “http://AzureADDriver1” Sign-on URL: your application URL (completely arbitrary) then click on the Create button, as shown below.
- While still in the Azure portal, choose your application, click on Settings. Find the Client ID value and copy it to the clipboard. The Client ID here is the Application ID from the Azure application as shown in the below figure.
- Now, to obtain the Client Secret / Key Click on the Keys option appearing on the right-hand side, which looks as given below.
- The key will be displayed when these settings are saved and compulsory, copy the key to the clipboard, once you leave the page the key will not be visible.
- Client ID and the Key generated by Microsoft Azure from the App is the Client ID and Client Secret For Example The Client ID and Client Secret looks like: (Client ID: 53ba6f2b-6d52-4f5c-8ae0-7adc20808854 Client Secret: NMubGVcDqkwwGnCs6fa01tqlkTisfUd4pBBYgcxxx=)
Hope this helps.