May 9, 2019 · Getting Started in BizMerlin & FAQs,
Import a list of Users through an Excel file (download a sample file here)
- Go to People –> Directory.
- Click on the “Import Users” link.
- Upload an excel file to import users.
- The supported headers are: FirstName, LastName, Gender, Email, WorkPhone, JobTitle (or Position), IM, CellPhone, DateOfBirth (or DOB), StartDate (or HireDate), EndDate, OrgUnit, Location, AddressLine1, AddressLine2, City, State, Country, ZipCode, EmpID, ShortName (or Nick Name), Status.
- If there are spaces in column names, the system will remove the spaces and upload the file.
- The Gender could be M (Male), F (Female) and H. If no gender is present then the gender would be “H”.
- The Status could be A (Active), I (Inactive) and F (Future). If no status is present then the status would be “Active”.
- The date-format for Date of Birth, Start Date and End Date column should be “yyyy-MM-dd”.
- Locations and Country should already be defined in the application.
- OrgUnits if not already defined in the application would be created by the system at the time of User Import.
- We also support Custom Field headers. The relevant Custom Fields and Custom Lists should already be created in the application. (See how to create Custom Fields here)
- The Custom Field headers should be preceded by “cf_” or “CF_” ( e.g if there is a Custom Field called Dietary and its custom field code is ‘dietary’, then the column header should be “cf_dietary” or “CF_dietary”).
- All the column names are NOT case-sensitive except the Custom Field column names. The Custom Field column names are case-sensitive.