Import PTO Balances through an Excel file
BizMerlinHR allows you to import PTO balances through an Excel file (download a sample file here).
Following are the steps to import PTO balances for different users for different PTO policies:
1. Go to the “gear icon” and select the “Calendars, Timesheets & PTO/Leave” option.
2. Click on the Import PTO balances in the PTO/Leave Management section.
3. Click on “Choose file” to upload the excel file from the system.
4. Here is a brief explanation of the excel file:
- The supported headers are Email, PolicyName, Balance, and BalanceDate.
- All the titles should be placed in the top row of the excel file.
- Email: It should be the email of the users for whom the balance needs to be updated/uploaded.
- PolicyName: It should be the name of the PTO/leave policy. Make sure that the policy name is exactly the same as the name defined for Leave Policy in the system.
- Balance: It defines the PTO balance that you want to provide to the user and the balance should be in numeric value only.
- BalanceDate: It specifies the date to which the PTO balance is uploaded and will be the user’s current available leave balance. The balance date column should be of date type.