June 2, 2020 · All About Leave | PTO Management,
BizMerlinHR allows you to import PTO balances through an Excel file (download a sample file here).
Following are the steps to import PTO balances for different users assigned with different PTO policies
- Go to the top right Setup menu.
- Scroll down to the Calendars, Timecards & PTO/Leaves option.
- Click on the Import PTO balances in PTO/Leave Management section.
- Now upload an Excel file to import PTO balances. Here is a brief explanation about the excel file:
- The supported headers are Email, PolicyName, Balance, BalanceDate.
- All the headers should be placed in the top row of the excel file.
- Email: It should be the email of the users for whom the balance needs to be updated/uploaded.
- PolicyName: It should be the name of the PTO/leave policy. Make sure that the policy name is exactly the same as the name defined for Leave Policy in the system.
- Balance: It defines the PTO balance (in hours) and it should be a numeric value only.
- BalanceDate: It defines the date up to which PTO balance is uploading. It should be either the 1st or 16th of the month and should be in the future (For e.g it can be 2020-09-01 or 2020-09-16). It should be either of the following date formats: