April 1, 2021 · All About Hiring: Positions & Applicant Tracking,
BizMerlinHR’s Position Approval Management has 3 phases:
- Establishing an approval flow
- Requesting approval
- Publishing the positions
Establishing an approval flow
To set up an approval flow, please follow these steps:
- Please navigate to the “Hiring Configuration” page by clicking on Hiring from the Setup menu.
- In the “Hiring Configuration” page, please click on “Position Approval” which is given in the “Basic Information” tab.
- In the “Position Approval” page, click on “+Add Approval” to add the user group responsible for approving the position.
- You can create a multi-level approval flow by clicking on “+Add Approval” again. The level numbers (1,2,3…) define the sequential flow of the approval path.
Now that you have established your approval path, it is time to set the approval flow in motion. To do so, please follow these steps to request approval:
- Go to Hiring–>Position and select an existing position from the list (or create a new position by clicking on the “New Position” button.
- Please click on the “Action” tab to find a “Request Approval” button on that page.
- Clicking on the Request Approval button sets the approval flow in motion. The approvers receive email notifications as per their sequence in the approval level.
- You see the approval status of each position under the Approval Status column on the position homepage.
These are the various statuses of position approval
An important note regarding editing your approval path
Once all the approvers have approved a position, you can go ahead and publish the position by following these simple steps:
- Please go to the Hiring menu and click on Positions.
- On the Positions homepage, look under the “Approval Status” column to find a fully approved position. Go to the Action tab of such a position.
- By clicking on either of the Publish buttons, you successfully publish your position internally or publicly.