May 13, 2019 · All About Leave | PTO Management,
To setup leave types, there are many options available. Here are some important ones:
- Leave Type Name: this is a public name to identify the leave policy
- Description: optional field to explain the details of the leave type
- Accrual Details:
- Accrual Threshold (Weeks): refers to the minimum number of weeks an employee should be in the company, for this policy to take effect. An employee can be assigned to this policy as part of his onboarding, but the policy will not be available to the employee, until the “accrual threshold” time has been met.
- Annual Accrual Rate (Hours): refers to the maximum number of hours that an employee will earn in the course of a year under this particular leave type.
- Accrual Type:
- Continuous Accrual: employees will earn time progressively and proportionatelly as the year goes by.
- Accrual at the beginning of period: employees are entitled to the full/maximum number of hours defined under the “annual accrual rate” at the beginning of the period.
- Accrual at the end of period: employees are entitled to the full/maximum number of hours defined under the “annual accrual rate” only at the end of the period.
- Rollover Details:
- Rollover (Percentage): refers to the percentage of remaining balance at the end of the period than can be carried over to the next period.
- Maximum Rollover (Hours): sets a limit to the number of hours that can be carried over to the next period.
- Applicability: select this checkbox, if the policy type is available to all employees.