July 21, 2020 · Integrating BizMerlinHR with 3rd Party Applications,
I. Linking QuickBooks and BizMerlin
- Setup QuickBooks in Third-Party Integrations
Linking QuickBooks in your BizMerlin account:
- Go to the top right “Setup” menu and scroll down and click on “Third Party Integrations”: Setup-> Third-Party Integrations
- On the Third-Party Integrations page, click on the button “New Integrations” and choose “Financial” from the combo-box.
- Choose ‘Quick Books Online’ from the grid.
- Save the Integration.
Creating pull/push functions:
- Select the QuickBooks integration on the Third Party Integrations page.
- On the integration view page, there is a section for creating pull/push functions.
- Click on add function button and select object and function name, then click the save button.
- (If you create a pull function for an account object only then Pull from QuickBooks button will be displayed on the Account home page.)
Connect QuickBooks with BizMerlinHR
- Go to the top right “User Icon” menu and scroll down and click on “My Integrations”: User Icon -> My Integrations
- On the My Integrations page, under manage connection tab, click on the button “Connect to QuickBooks” and fill all details for login to QuickBooks account for connectivity.
II. Synchronize Account Details
Note: QuickBooks “Customers” are treated as “Accounts” in BizMerlin
This BizMerlin- QuickBooks integration allows to sync the creation of “Clients/Accounts”:
Option 1: Pull “Customers” from QuickBooks
- In BizMerlin, go to the top menu “Account”.
- Click connect to QuickBooks button and fill all details for login to QuickBooks account for connectivity.
- After the authorization step, click pull from the QuickBooks button. Your all QuickBooks Customers will be saved in BizMerlin.
- The Customer ID and Customer Balance of QuickBooks are saved in custom fields for Accounts respectively.
Option 2: Creating New “Accounts” in BizMerlin and push to QuickBooks
- In BizMerlin go to the top menu “Account” and click “New Account”
- Fill in all the required fields and click save Account button
- On the account view page, click on the link “Push account details to QuickBooks Online” to push the account details to Quickbooks.
- The Client ID generated by QuickBooks will automatically be pulled to BizMerlin’s QuickBooks Account ID field.
- In the same way, we can update the account details in BizMerlinHR and click on the link “Push account details to QuickBooks Online” to push the updated account details to QuickBooks.
Option 3: Creating BizMerlin new accounts with existing clients in QuickBooks
- If the client already exists in QuickBooks (and therefore already has a client ID) go to the top menu “Account” and click “New Account”
- To link the existing client in QuickBooks with the Account in BizMerlin, fill in the “qb.account.Id” with the corresponding QuickBooks client ID and save the Account.
III. Synchronize Time Cards
This feature provides the ability to push Time Cards to your QuickBooks account. To push Time Cards to QuickBooks account follow these steps:
- Go To Time Cards Approval page, there you see a button ‘Synchronize with QB’.
- Clicking this button will open up a new page where a list of Time Cards will be shown which have not been pushed to QuickBooks account yet.
- You can select multiple Time Cards from the list and push them to your QuickBooks account by clicking the ‘Synchronize Time Cards’ button.
Note: Maximum 10 Time Cards can be pushed in a single request.
IV Synchronize User Details
Note: QuickBooks “Employees” are treated as “User” in BizMerlin
This BizMerlin- QuickBooks integration allows to sync the creation of “Employees/Users”:
Creating New “User” in BizMerlin and push to QuickBooks
- In BizMerlin go to the top menu “People”, goto “Directory” menu item, and then click “New Person”.
- Fill in all the required fields and click Add User button
- On the user view page, under the admin tab, click on the link “Push User to QuickBooks Online” to push the account details to Quickbooks.
- The Employee ID generated by QuickBooks will automatically be pulled to BizMerlin’s QuickBooks User ID field.
- In the same way, we can update the user details in BizMerlinHR and click on the link “Push User to QuickBooks Online” to push the updated user details to QuickBooks.