May 10, 2019 · Integrating BizMerlinHR with 3rd Party Applications,
Obtain your Slack App credentials:
- Log in to Slack as an administrative user.
- Go to the Slack API Applications page.
- Click the Create New App button.
- Fill in the form as follows:
Enter any descriptive name into the App Name field.
Select the appropriate Development Slack Workspace to provision users into.
Click on the Create App button.
- Click on the OAuth & Permissions link in the left navigation.
- In the Redirect URLs section, Click the Add a new Redirect URL button.
- Enter the following URL into the text field:
- Click the Add button. Click the Save URLs button to save the URL.
- In the Scopes section on the page, add the admin scope.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- If the installation is taking place in an enterprise org, perform the following steps:
- Click on the Manage Distribution link in the left navigation.
- Scroll down to the checklist and click on the Remove Hard Coded Information section.
- Check the checkbox.
- Click the Activate Public Distribution button.
- Click on the Basic Information link in the left navigation.
7) Go to the Settings -> Basic Information page, and from the App Credentials section of the page copy the Client ID and Client Secret values.
Setup Slack Chat on Third Party Integrations:
- Go to the top right “Setup” menu and scroll down and click on “Third Party Integrations”: Setup-> Third Party Integrations
- On the Third Party Integrations page, click on the button “New Integration” and choose “Slack Chat”
- Fill in your Integration name in “Name” field.
- Fill in Consumer Key (from the Client ID field obtained from Slack in step 7 above)
- Fill in Consumer Secret (from the Client Secret field obtained from Slack in step 7 above)
To use this feature, follow these workflow steps:
- In BizMerlin, go to the top menu “People” and click “Everyone” menu item then find a button “Slack Chat” (if you just added Slack, you may have to logout and login back once to see this button 🙁 )
- Click a button “Slack” and fill all details for login into slack chat account.
- After the authorization step, you can send a message to the slack channel selected from the channel list.
- You can also read top 50 chat messages of the selected channel in the chat message section on the right side of the slack page.
- By clicking refresh link, you can refresh the chat history.