December 3, 2020 · All, All About Hiring: Positions & Applicant Tracking,
The BizMerlinHR WordPress Plugin enables you to add job postings to your company’s website. You can add multiple job listings and show them on your website’s career-page
Why do I need the WordPress plugin for Job Board?
With the BizMerlinHR WordPress Plugin you can attract needed candidates and show them the jobs they’re looking for. Instead of relying on expensive job sites and sending your candidates to find your jobs among competitors, you get to keep them on your site and thereby hire the required talent without giving the control to someone else.
Are there any specific requirements for installing this Plugin?
Yes. Assuming that your website is a WordPress website and that you have your Job Board already configured in BizMerlinHR, the following are the other crucial specifications that need to be met for a successful installation of this Plugin. (By the way, you should be keeping your infrastructure up to date regardless of whether or not you plan to use the BizMerlinHR plugin!)
WordPress Version: 5.2 or higher
PHP Version: 7.2 or higher
How to install the WordPress plugin?
- Please login to your website’s WordPress Administrator and go to Plugins. Click on “Add New” and search for BizMerlinHR.
- Then go to Settings and click on “BizMerlinHR Settings” and add your subdomain.
- Then go to Posts and click on Edit.
- Then go to the + icon at the top left and search for “shortcode”. In the shortcode field, add BizMerlin_job_listings in square brackets as given in the following image.
- Click on an update. Your job listings will now show on your website.
How do I control the styling of the plugin output?
This can be done quite easily using minimal knowledge of HTML and CSS. For example, to change the fonts, font sizes, and spacing for each of the job elements, the following code suffices, which can be added before the shortcode. You can of course customize any of these elements as per your own styling preferences.
font-family: “Consolas”, cursive, sans-serif; font-size:18px; margin:20px 5px 0 5px;
font-family: “Georgia”, cursive, sans-serif; font-size:14px; margin:5px 5px 0 5px;
font-family: “Comic Sans MS”, cursive, sans-serif; font-size:12px; margin:2px 5px 0 5px;