October 11, 2019 · Easy Onboarding,
Employee onboarding checklist is essential to enable an effective employee onboarding process. After all the hard work of recruitment and after you have found your ideal candidate you cannot let the whole effort slip through the cracks of faulty employee onboarding process. How do you create that awesome impression of a well structured and well-organized organization that leaves your new joinee awe-struck? Do not worry, we have compiled a checklist of the documents that you need to complete the employee onboarding.
Some of these steps have to be executed by the employee and some by the employer. You can also use an easy employee onboarding template provided by BizMerlinHR.
The employee must provide the following documents to complete the employee onboarding:
- Social Security number
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Bank account information for direct deposit
- A signed copy of the W-4 form
- A signed copy of the I-9 form
The employer must complete the following documents for an effective employee onboarding process:
- Enroll in e-verify
- Offer Letter also called Employee Letter
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Offer benefits/healthcare
- File a new hire report in your state
- Review anti-discrimination laws
- Whenever you bring on a new hire, you need to make sure you’re following all state and federal anti-discrimination laws.
- Ensure EEO compliance (Equal Employment Opportunity)
- If your business is required to report data to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, you’ll need to collect some demographic information from your employee.
- Conduct background checks.