June 16, 2018 · Skill Management,
A skill is learning to carry out a task with pre-determined results often within a given amount of time, energy, or both. Skill usually requires certain environmental stimuli and situations to assess the level of skill being shown and used. (Source: Wikipedia)
These skills will be most in demand in the coming years:
- Cross cultural competency: Cross cultural competency is the ability to operate within different cultural settings and it will be needed to succeed in work and business as it becomes increasingly global.
- New media literacy: This is the ability to critically assess and develope contents by utilizing new forms of media effectively.
- Design mindset: Design mindset is also going to be key. If you are able to develop tasks and work processes that create desired outputs, you will be in demand.
- Novel and adaptive thinking: Novel and adaptive thinking is the proficiency at thinking and coming up with solutions and responses.
- Sense Making: The ability to determine the deeper and actual meaning or significance of things. Being able to see and decode the patterns behind.
- Social Intelligence: The skills and ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to stimulate reactions and desired interactions.
- Computational Thinking: With computational thinking, you can translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and it will help to understand database reasoning and to improve the performance of employees.
- Transdisciplinary: The Literacy in and ability to understand concepts across multiple disciplines is Transdisciplinary.
- Cognitive Load Management: Ability to discriminate and filter information for importance, to understand how to maximize cognitive functions.
- Virtual Collaboration: The Ability to work productively, drive engagements and demonstrate presence as a member of a virtual team.